IT'S REALLY JUST AN EXCUSE TO HAVE MARGARITAS!
Taco night was a family favorite growing up - most likely because it involved a lot of meat, cheese, a healthy serving of sour cream and very little on the vegetable front. Now it's a favorite because it involves a margarita (or two). It's also the perfect dinner to make when you're short on time and/or have a lot of people to feed - as was typically the case in our family. The total time from prep to plate is about 30 minutes, giving you just enough time to get through margarita numero uno.
We hope you guys give this recipe a try for your next Taco Tuesday, it won't disappoint!
If you’d like to purchase Sirloin Steak or any other cut of Jackson Hole Hereford Ranch beef, email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Rancher's Daughters
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and preheat it over medium-high heat. On a plate, season the steak with chili powder, salt, and pepper. Rub the spice mixture into both sides of the steaks.
- Broil the steaks for 4 minutes per side, turning once, for medium rare or to your desired degree of doneness. Remove from the oven and let the meat rest for 5 minutes then carve into thin slices.
- Warm the tortillas by placing them in the oven for a couple minutes (this step is optional).
- Set up the taco bar and let everyone build their tacos to their liking.
To Make the Guacamole
- Using a fork and mash avocado in a medium bowl until chunky. Add the chopped onions, cilantro, lime, and garlic powder/salt to taste - then combine until fully mixed. Place in a small bowl and serve with tacos.
- 1-1/4 lb. Jackson Hole Hereford Ranch sirloin steak
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- ¼ cup chopped onions (optional)
- ¼ cup sour cream (optional)
- Flour or corn tortillas
- 3 firm-ripe avocado, diced
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- Garlic Powder